: Readings & Links
Links and readings are included here as sources of information and discussion. The
inclusion of a link or reading does not imply endorsement of its entire contents.
German piano magazine with articles and links offering a wealth of
information about pianos and pianists.
- Freeing the Caged Bird
Contains information about the video "Freeing the Caged Bird" and the
training sessions offered by pianist Barbara Lister-Sink.
- The Balanced Pianist
Dr. Teresa Dybvig offers short, intensive programs
to small groups of pianists, high school age and above, amateur and
professional, with the goal of removing tension in practice
and performance through good musicianship, healthy movement and positive
- Top 100 Piano Sites
Lists numerous piano-related sites offering various products and services.
pianomap home page
- Atlas of Human Anatomy, by Frank H. Netter, M.D. East Hanover, NJ: Novartis, Second Edition, 1997.
- Human Structure, by Matt Cartmill, William L. Hylander and James Shaffland. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1987.
- Surface Anatomy, by James S.P. Lumley. London: Churchill Livingstone, 1996.
- Anatomy of Movement, by Blandine Calais-Germain. Seattle:Eastland Press, 1993.
- Cumulative Trauma Disorders: A Manual for Musculoskeletal Diseases of the Upper Limbs, Vern Putz-Anderson, ed. Cincinnati: Taylor & Francis, 1988.
- What Every Musician Needs to Know About the Body, by Barbara Conable. Columbus, OH: Andover Press, 1998.
- How to Learn the Alexander Technique, by Barbara Conable. Columbus, OH: Andover Press, Third Edition, 1995.
- Indirect Procedures: A Musician's Guide to the Alexander Technique, by Pedro de Alcantara. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997.
Pianomap is created, written, and maintained by pianist/teacher
Thomas Mark. If you have comments or
suggestions about this website, please send him an email.